Dates: Aug 16th (Wednesday) – Aug 20th (Sunday)
Registration Deadline: Aug 5th, 2017
Age Limit: 4 – 17 years old.
- Sakya Monastery: 108 NW 83rd Street, Seattle 98155
- Shoreline Senior Center: 18560 1st Ave NE, Shoreline 98155
Hours: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Tibetan Language and Culture School of Seattle, WA under the guidance of Office of Tibet and with the funding support of $2000 from The Tibet Fund is fortunate to organize a week long summer camp for our community kids this year. The purpose of the program is to promote Tibetan language and culture by instilling interest and enthusiasm for our cultural heritage, roots and identity. The summer camp is open to all Tibetan children regardless of TAW membership or TLCC studentship.
Objectives of the program:
- Awareness of Tibetan root and identity.
- Knowledge of Tibetan history and government.
- Introduction to Tibetan Buddhism (both essence and aspects).
- Learn about the fundamentals of meditation and prayer.
- Learn Tibetan language: reading, writing and conversation.
- Learn Tibetan culture and tradition (Dance & music).
- Learn about Traditional Tibetan Art (Thangka painting).
- Cultivation of Joy and Fun: cooking, swimming and nurturing friendship.
Interested parents should fill out the application form and submit it to the summer camp coordinator and TLCC curriculum director Lobsang Tsering by August 5, 2017. Click the link below to download the forms.
- Food preparation and camp event helpers are needed throughout the summer camp program. Please commit one day for kitchen duty and one day as event helper. Please find a suitable substitute if you are personally not available. Contact Lobsang Tsering as soon as you know your preferred day for help.
Terms of Agreement:
- Participation in the camp is completely voluntary. TLCC will take utmost care of the participants during the camp. However, TLCC will not be responsible or liable for unforeseen circumstance such as any kind of injury to participants.
- Parents will be notified to pick up their child/children in the event of an accident or illness during his/her presence at the camp.
- TLCC, camp organizers and volunteers will not be responsible for participants’ loss of personal items.
- Parents will be notified to pick up their child if she/he engages in destructive behavior and disturbs the peace of the camp.
For questions/concerns, please contact our camp coordinator Lobsang Tsering at Phone (425-673-1441) or firstname.lastname@example.org, 5733 186th PL SW, Unit B. Lynnwood, WA 98037
Time: 5:30 to 8:30pm
H.H. Sakya Trizin will be visiting Seattle earlier than planned. The current schedule for his visit is as follows:
For more and updated information visit : www.sakya.org
Thursday, March 31
H.H. Sakya Trizin arrives at SeaTac Airport. Contact our office for arrival time.
Saturday, April 2
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Mahakala Puja
Lunch break: Noon – 2:00 pm
Everyone is welcome to come and bring offerings to Sakya Monastery and the lamas. People who have received the Sakya Mahakala Initiation may follow our sadhana. Those who have not received this initiation may stay and observe the Puja.
Sunday, April 3
10:00 – 11:30 AM Dharma Talk: Chogyal Phagpa’s “Advice of the Precious Jewel Garland”
Limited seating, registration required – Tickets currently available only to Sakya Monastery members. General public tickets, if available, can be purchased beginning on March 29th.
Monday, April 4
8:00 – 10:00 AM Tenshug Ceremony and Long-life Prayers for H.H. Jigdal Dagchen Sakya
Requested by H.H. Sakya Trizin. (more…)
What: March 10th Uprising
Date: March 10th, 2016 @ WestLake Mall, Downtown Seattle
Time: 3:45pm – 6:00pm
TAW Board members will be organizing rally next Thursday to commemorate March 10th uprising. We will also hold candle light vigil for the two young Tibetan souls who have lost their lives in self immolated this week. We would like to request every Tibetan and friends of Tibet to show your support and participate in the rally. Board members will visit Governor’s office in Olympia on March 10th morning to submit memorandum.